Sunday, April 24, 2011


Easter Memories 
When I was a youngster, my mother, rest her soul, would stay up all night creating an Easter mystery for my siblings and me to solve.
She would artfully hide the Easter baskets someplace we would never look and then write a series of clues, each building upon the previous with riddles, maps and an assortment of encouragement for frustrated treasure hunters. By the time we finally found the Easter Baskets they meant more to us than the contents they held.

The memory of her love and  the care she took to give this extra gift to her children on this special holiday, still warms my heart and helps me care about the rest of the world; because she did.

Her memory also helps me be a liberal because she taught me no matter what we may have, we owe a certain portion to those who didn't have the advantages we did. All my five siblings are liberals as well.

Thanks Mom,
Your son, Don Joebob

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment